Today I managed to get a fair amount done in improving the A* Pathfinding search that the mod is implementing, but it seems like there are problems with the goal determining and the heuristic, or something along those lines, as some severe bugs exist causing mobs to take erratic paths, spin on the spot.
I have a feeling it’ll be a day of solid developing before I can reign in performance too. I first of all need to fully develop some way of visualising the search tree that results from the A* search. Of course, this is my first A* algorithm, so it’s pretty much going to be partially broken somewhere in implementation or understanding.
Once I finish the path finding section, I have a lot of fun toys to add to this mod! Stay tuned.