Well, here it is, the most useful update MOAPI has had in a few months.
I’ve finally decided to add the all-important key binding options and text input fields, something it was lacking sorely before. I postponed these features to flesh out NatureOverhaul and Survival Craft.
Now they are out I can imagine more developers choosing to develop with ModOptionsAPI rather than other solutions. Which would be nice, as I want to see something I have created put to the test in the wild. Something other than a website or web app anyway.
As for the future, version 0.8 of MOAPI will not be backwards compatible. I will be restructuring aspects simply because it was my first API and I didn’t do a great job of it. By my standards at least. I mixed up supporting libraries with the API, I used too-long names, and used Strings to pass information too much when a perfectly good object which *contained* that very string was already present, and more useful, amongst other mistakes. There is also the matter of the secret aspect of 0.8 that I’ve vaguely referenced in the past.
I will also be adding IDs to options in order to abstract the name from the storage mechanisms a little more. It only makes sense, and I originally shot it down because I felt it could be added later, and it can.
Expect good things from 0.8, which may be here in a week or a month, I can’t say.